Importance of Corporate Translation Services
One of the areas where companies should invest in, especially if they are planning to tap into the global or international markets, is corporate translation. With the aid of corporate translation services, it’s possible for companies to localize and translate various materials to reach an even wider market. Such service is crucial in translating corporate messages, legal and financial documents, packaging, manuals, marketing collaterals, as well as e-learning and training materials.
Common Types of Corporate Translation Services
- Human, Professional Translation – By far, this is one of the most popular ways of translating documents, websites and mobile applications. Professional translators have full knowledge about the source of the material as well as the target languages. They also know about several translation tools that work in speeding up the process of translating materials without compromising quality. Most of these translators are necessary in the legal, life sciences, finance and manufacturing fields.
- Machine Translation – As the name suggests, it involves the use of a machine, ex. Google Translate, which is a popular online engine that you can use for free. However, take note that you can only use this service for limited cases as you don’t have an assurance of the quality of results.
- Crowdsourced Translation – Some companies, such as Twitter and Facebook, use this type of corporate translation service. It’s more suitable for companies with an engaged community of users. However, take note that this type isn’t suitable for all companies. Also, note that contrary to what others believe, it is not always inexpensive. In fact, you’ll need to invest a considerable amount for crowd motivation and project management if you decide to get this service.
Among the different types of corporate translation services, the human and professional translation is considered to be the best as quality is what it prioritizes. Here are just some of the many industries wherein the professional corporate translation field can greatly benefit:
Life Sciences and Medicine
The life sciences and medical field can greatly benefit from accurate translation and interpretation. Companies that revolve around this field need to translate medical and patient records, medical reports, leaflets, prescription information, instructions, and doctor manuals accurately to ensure that they continue to deliver world-class information.
Corporate translation services are also essential for pharmaceutical companies that are planning for international or global expansion. With such service, converting all their communication materials into the specific language of their target country is easier. However, they also need to hire an expert – someone who can offer the most accurate translation of their materials – so they can tap the specific market they want to target.
Banking and Finance
The banking and finance industry contributes a lot in global trading. If you’re part of this industry, then you might also need to get the services of a professional corporate translation firm as such aids in attracting new clients from foreign countries. Moreover, your chosen firm can also ensure that you’ll obtain a high level of consistency when communicating with your clients.
Such is a huge help in making all your communications effective, thereby strengthening your relationships with your target clients and earning their trust. With the help of an expert corporate translator, it’s also possible to translate forms, transactions and financial documents accurately, thereby allowing you to meet all the expectations of your customers and clients.
Information and Technology (IT)
The IT industry is extremely popular at present, so it’s no longer surprising to see IT companies offering their products and services on a global scale. Because they need to tap the international markets, they also need the help of professional translation companies for the accurate translation of technical documents.
The good thing about working with such firm is that they can do the translation in various languages, making it possible for IT companies to cater to the needs of their various global customers. Keep in mind that translating technical documents is extremely hard, especially if you don’t have any expertise in this field. That said, it would be best for you to let the real experts handle the job so you can produce several versions of your technical documents in various languages.
Travel and Tourism
If you are part of the travel and tourism industry, then expect your company to earn more by seeking the services of professional corporate translators. With their help, you can provide information to various clients all over the world in many languages. You might be in need of their service, especially when it comes to translating travel documents, brochures, leaflets, as well as documents containing terms and conditions. It’s possible to produce various versions of the documents, allowing you to offer better services to your foreign clients.
Corporate translation services are also essential in the legal industry. For instance, if you plan to work with a client in another country, then such service is crucial for you to understand completely their proposals or any other legal details in other languages. By working with a good corporate translation firm, it is possible for you and your foreign clients to gain a full understanding of all things that revolve around legal matters.
Mentioned are just few of the many industries and sectors that corporate translation can benefit. Here are some of the other favorable benefits that your chosen translation firm can provide you, making them an important investment for your company:
- Offers localization – This means that your chosen firm will look at your content and design from the inside and out. Banners, graphics, multimedia components, and anything that your content and design has will be culturally adapted based on your target audience. Doing this can make your company even more culturally and regionally appropriate.
- Serves as an effective marketing tool – Aside from being capable of targeting your target market, your professional translators are also fully aware of the culture of the market you’re targeting. With an expert corporate translation firm, you have an assurance that your content is always designed to be globalized, so there is no need to worry about falling short in other countries.
- Consistent and cost-efficient – Keep in mind that if you want to translate and localize your products and services, then consistency is crucial. By working with expert and professional translators, it’s possible for you to work with those who are native speakers of all your target languages.
Most of them are also aware of the changes in language and culture of your target country. Furthermore, they know how to maintain the same voice and tone in all translated content. This makes them a more cost-efficient option if you want to reach out to a wider market.
Hiring professional corporate translation services also means that you can offer your company a global and professional appearance. Aside from that, you can use this service to globalize your brand confidently, thereby allowing you to have a significant boost in revenue in no time.